Date of Last Revision: March 7, 2018
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password
- Billing Information such as credit card number, and billing address
- Preferences Information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences
We may also collect the following information from you:
- Information about your business such as company name, size, business type
- Demographic information such as age, education, gender, interests and zip code
- Like most web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer and visits such as your IP address, location, browser type, referring/exit pages, date & time, times zone, visit behaviour and interactions, plugins and operating system.
- User generated content (such as messages, posts, comments, pages, profiles, images, feeds or communications exchanged on the Supported Platforms)
We use this information to:
- Identify you when you log in to your account
- Fulfill your orders and operate services
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you newsletters
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our web Site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research, analysis and case studies
- Display content based upon your interests
When you use our site, you may set up your personal and or business profile, form relationships, send messages, perform searches and queries, form groups, set up events, add applications, and transmit information through various channels. We collect this information so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features.
You post user content on the Site and via our Software Solutions and Products at your own risk. Although we allow you to set options that limit access to your pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that User Content you post on the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of user content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your user content.
We may also collect information about you from other sources, such as newspapers, blogs, instant messaging services, and other users of the our service through the operation of the service in order to provide you with more useful information and a more personalized experience.
By using our Site, Software Solutions and Products, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed by Nixtan and our third party providers.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers, providers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to a target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Nixtan or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Nixtan, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We may use a third party to place cookies on your computer to collect non-personally identifiable information to compile aggregated statistics for us about visitors to our site.
Our web pages contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
Our web pages may also contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) that are set by our third party providers. Web beacons are used along with cookies enabling our providers to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used.
We use third parties to gather information about how you and others use our web site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used.
Membership in the Service is void where prohibited. This Site is intended solely for users who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Any registration by, use of or access to the Site by anyone under 18 is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of our Terms. By using the Service or the Site, you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older and that you agree to and to abide by all terms and conditions.
The security of your information is important. When you enter sensitive information such as credit card number on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you have any questions about security on our web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions, Notices and Revisions
You can contact us to obtain a copy of the Personal Information held about you by us. This may be subject to a fee not exceeding any prescribed fee permitted by applicable law. You can also ask us to correct and, where relevant, erase that information. Please note that certain Personal Information may need to be retained by Nixtan for a period of time following cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required or authorized by applicable law. As mentioned above you have a right to change your email preferences at any time.
You should be aware that Nixtan acts as a conduit between our users and the various Supported Platforms and Third-Party Apps. In several instances, the content published via Nixtan will not be in Nixtan’s custody or control, and any content that has been shared by you through any Supported Platform or Third-Party Apps via the Services may continue to be available to third parties and the public at large, as this content is now under the control of the operators of the Supported Platforms and/or the Third-Party Apps.
You may contact Nixtan via email at email@example.com, or via mail, fax or phone at the details below:
Nixtan Technology Solutions
PO Box 31068 Broadway & Taylor
Saskatoon SK S7H 5S8
Phone or Fax: 1-888-850-1833